Friday, August 1, 2014

Friendship Day.

Winnie the Pooh, the world's Ambassador of Friendship
What defines Friendship?
I'll start with a story that I think best defines Friendship. About 12 years back, during a train journey from Chennai to Hyderabad (along with all my post graduation classmates) I suddenly fell sick with severe menstrual cramps. Restlessness, Nausea and Cramps. I was in a bad shape. Unfortunately, the medicines that I took back then, were not with me or with anyone in the train. So basically, I had to survive the journey without medication. Nevertheless, after sometime, the pain subsided and I was asked to sleep. It was night and all had gone to sleep in their respective berths. The ONLY person, who was awake was my bestie. She was awake the entire journey, sitting by my side, slowly pressing my belly. She ensured I get a good rest. I had never experienced such a loving and caring gesture in my life. And clearly, I'll never forget it. Thank you, Bestie!

So friendship is not just loving and caring gesture its also about making you laugh during stressful times too...
During my B.Sc final examination, I was stuck at a question whose answer I didnot know. While I was thinking hard, I saw my another bestie peeping into my answer sheet, trying to cheat/copy. I whispered to her " I don't know the answer". She whispered back " What? Why didn't you study and come?" And that made me laugh out loudly. Got scolded by the teacher, but it surely made me relax. Thank you, Bestie! 

Friendship is also about taking your relationship forward...
My husband, suddenly one day popped the question " Richa, will you marry me?" and then there was no looking backwards. I got a friend and husband both in one :) Thank you Hubby!

Friendship Day...
A great day for celebrating the fact that friends make the world a better place. It is a reminder that friends are an important part of a healthy, happy life.

Fun ways to celebrate Friendship Day.
  1. Call someone you haven’t contacted in awhile and catch up.
  2.  Tell your friends what they mean to you.
  3.  Make a list of friends throughout the years and marvel at the impact they have had on your life.
  4. Create friendship cards with inspiring sayings on them, ideally something you come up with about what friendship is to you.
  5. Ask yourself: What are the qualities that make for a good friend? And then ask if you embody them.

Happy Friendship Day to You!!




No comments:

Post a Comment